You can find more vacancies in German here.
International Product Manager (M/F/X)
COMPO EXPERT is looking to fill the following position at our site in Münster at the earliest possible date: International Product Manager (M/F/X) Water Soluble Fertilizers.
You will be part of a professional product management team at a globally active and flexible medium-sized company. As the International Product Manager for Water Soluble Fertilizers, you will engage both internally with all areas of the company and the production site in Spain and also externally with suppliers and customers.
An integral part of your activities will be to ensure smooth processes when working together with marketing/sales and also when dealing with production. This includes generating ideas and developing new products through to the market launch of products for the entire process. This multifaceted job with a strong international focus includes the following main activities:
- Managing the soluble fertilizers product group with the goal of increasing product profitability and improving the existing market position
- Developing and implementing international product strategies and concepts in accordance with overriding marketing and sales goals set by the company
- Ensuring international product positioning and observing the specified CD/CI
- Responsibility for central product developments in the product group in cooperation with specialist teams, specialist departments and, where relevant, external service providers.
- Evaluating and deciding on whether to launch products or remove products from the range in specific countries
- Coordination of all product and marketing activities between the head office and those sales companies operating in different locations
- Earnings responsibility and monitoring the profitability of the product group under your management
- Generating synergies and optimising cost structures in cooperation with the International Supply Chain
You hold a university degree in the area of horticulture/agricultural sciences, whereby having a doctorate would be an advantage. In addition, you have gained professional experience in a comparable position and/or have in-depth knowledge in the field of marketing.
Very good written and spoken language skills in German and English are essential, ideally you will also be proficient in another foreign language such as Spanish or French.
You will be able to convince us with the following characteristics and skills: You enjoy taking on responsibility and tackle new challenges in a motivated and committed way. In addition, you work very independently and respond to changing requirements in a flexible manner. You see yourself as a team player when working together with other departments and also external partners.
You impress due to your highly developed communication skills and professional conduct. You are able to work under pressure and have a willingness to travel due to the international nature of the job.
We offer you a varied range of activities in an international context, in which you can make good use of your expertise in cooperation with colleagues and external partners. You can expect a medium-sized organisation with flat hierarchies and a good working atmosphere in a modern, global company. We offer you attractive remuneration based on the pay scale for chemical workers and good social benefits.
COMPO EXPERT GmbH is a successful and expanding company that supplies branded products. Due to our innovative and user-oriented products, we are one of the leading suppliers of special fertilizers and plant care products to professional users across Europe.
Are you interested in working at our company?
Then we want to get to know you! Julia Rochus would be delighted to receive your detailed application – preferably in electronic form – and also your salary expectations at the following address:
COMPO EXPERT GmbH, Human Resources, Krögerweg 10, 48155 Münster
PostDoc position in Entomology (100%, PostDoc)
The Faculty of Agriculture at the University of Bonn, invites applications for a PostDoc position in Entomology in the newly formed Agroecology and Organic Farming Group at the Institute of Crop Science and Resource Protection. The position is offered for the duration of three years, starting from the earliest possible date.
Focus of the envisaged research is the behaviour of agriculturally important insects, especially pollinators and pests. Selected species will be investigated in the context of diversification of cropping systems. A central aim will be to investigate in which way behavioural mechanisms of insects can be exploited in the optimisation of diversified cropping systems. One of the possible focus areas is sensory ecology of insects, e.g. with regard to visual und chemical stimuli. The position includes teaching (4 SWS/ hours per week).
- Designing and developing experimental methods for research on the behaviour of agriculturally relevant insect species
- Planning, conducting and analysis of insect behavioural experiments in the field and in the laboratory
- Writing scientific publications for international journals, actively participating in research meetings and conferences in Germany and abroad
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc in agriculture, ecology or biology, or equivalent degree
- PhD in entomology or equivalent experience
- Experience in approaches to investigate insect behaviour in the laboratory and/or in the field
- Experience in statistical analysis of experimental data
- Team work experience, curiosity and very good communication skills
- Efficient and committed way of working
- Driving licence (“Klasse B”)
- Very good English language skills
- An interesting and stimulating job in research and teaching in an international environment
- Salary at level E13 TV-L (100%)
- A reduced rate public transport travel pass is available on request (VRS-Ticket)
- Infrastructure and resources for lab and field studies, including apiary
The University of Bonn is an equal-opportunity employer.
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete application (including motivation letter, curriculum vitae, certificates and list of publications) to Mrs. A. Sollik, Department of Agroecology and Organic Farming, University of Bonn, Auf dem Hügel 6, 53112 Bonn. The closing date is 22nd March 2018. Please cite the Reference 11/18/3.13. If you have any questions, please contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit our websites at https://www.aol.uni-bonn.de. For questions on research content please contact Prof. Dr. Thomas Döring (email@example.com, Tel. 0228 73 5143).
Research Associate (m/f, 50%) with the possibility to obtain a PhD
The University of Bonn is seeking applications for a three-year Horticultural Scientist position working in the project "Innovations for NRW to increase resource efficiency and environmental compatibility in horticulture" based at the Institute of Crop Science and Resource Conservation, Horticultural Science. The position will start on April 1st 2018.
- A university degree (diploma or masters) in the field of agricultural scienc-es, decision-making sciences or another relevant subject.
- Basic knowledge of at least one of the following areas (preferably several):
- Programming / modelling
- Managing and moderating participatory workshops / processes
- Production of ornamental plants
- Very good German and English skills,
- Holistic systems thinking ability.
- Dedicated, flexible, responsible and team-oriented.
- Open to new scientific approaches regarding the holistic analysis of agricul-tural systems.
- A supportive, diverse and varied working environment, with activities that include:
- Determination of resource efficiency and environmental compatibility of ornamental crops in North Rhine-Westfalia, Germany.
- Assessment of the state of knowledge on all significant aspects of the cultivation of Heather (Calluna vulgaris).
- Application of decision-analysis modelling in horticulture, consisting of participatory model development processes that involve both practi-tioners and experts.
- Probabilistic simulation for the identification of important management parameters regarding resource efficiency and environmental compati-bility as well as decision-relevant knowledge gaps.
- Flexible working hours and opportunities for personal development,
- Occupational pension fund (VBL),
- University sports,
- Competitive salary (EG 13 TV-L).
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. The University is a certified family-friendly university. Its aim is to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are underrepre-sented. It therefore urges qualified women to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the National Equality Act. The applications of suitable persons with proven severe disabilities and those of equal status are particularly welcome.
For further information contact Dr. Hannah Jaenicke, Horticulture Competence Center (KoGa), Tel. 02225-9808735, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. For more information about the research approach contact Dr. Eike Luedeling (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications is 7 February 2018.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and other application documents by e-mail to Dr. Hannah Jaenicke.